Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Job Update

Here are some little characters that have been "typical" craft projects for our Mommy and Me classes....this particular one would get split into 3 sessions... i pre-assembled the little characters...etc. etc...the children absolutely adored painting them...of course with the watchful eye of their mommy, grammie, or nanny!....but NO MORE!!! boo hoo....it is gone FOREVER!...All the calls made to corporate, did indeed make them notice CANTON GEORGIA...but to no avail! I must admit, that from a corporate standpoint....(not that I like corporatizing in the first place)......but out of over 950 stores nationwide....only 12 did well in the class program...and our store did amazingly well...but to them it wasn't enough, obviously,.....and of course we have to be "streamlined" into all stores looking and acting alike.....and so goes corporate.... I have been offered the part time position of event coordinator, which is the title my current boss has had, she has to work full time so will go elsewhere....so that is what I will be doing for now... I will have quite a few LESS hours...which is good and bad...BAD for the paycheck...GOOD for my constant state of fatigue...I am glad for a little "break"
Things are changing at the store...and I now have to wear uniform colors....black, collared shirt with light color khaki bottoms....I kind of "rebelled" at the idea...but honestly...it does look rather nice to see everyone somewhat in uniform....it is easy to know what to wear too...but kind of "squelches" any creativity in dressing! (not that i had much, to be honest....i got too messy with paints and all...always wrecked my clothing!)
So I am being trained this month for my duties and will be the official EVENT COORDINATOR April 1st.
That is basically my job update.....lata gata

1 comment:

David, Tammy, Megan and Hobbes said...

I love the crafts! You should maybe do that on the side maybe one weekend or evening a month. We could pay a fee to cover the cost of the craft supplies and your time and each person would be able to take home something really neat. I would come! Just a thought....